Ponca Bible Camp - COVID-19 CommunicationAfter reviewing the State of Arkansas summer camp guidelines, the Ponca Bible Camp Board has made the decision to move forward with the scheduled 3 weeks of camp (see below for schedule). Many changes to camp will be needed to meet the new guidelines, and we will be communicating the decisions we make over the coming weeks.
Please keep PBC, and the board, in your prayers as we seek to make wise decisions about camp usage. Some things are in our control, and many things are not. But one thing we should all remember is GOD IS IN CONTROL. As Christians this is an excellent time to remain calm, exhibit a strong and steady faith, and share the gospel and the hope of Christ that is in each of us.
OFFICIAL DECISIONSHere are the decisions that have been made, based on the guidelines currently in place from the State of Arkansas:
RentalsAll rental group reservations currently booked through July 1, 2020 are cancelled. We encourage rescheduling, but if rescheduling is not possible, or desired, the deposit will be refunded.
Camp Schedule (preliminary)
The start of camp has been moved to July 12, and reduced to 3 weeks (ending on July 31). The age groups have been adjusted to:
- Week 1: Going into 11, 12, or just graduated
- Week 2: Going into 9 or 10th grade
- Week 3: Going into 7 or 8th grade
We realize this new schedule is going to disappoint our campers going into 4, 5, and 6th grade, and we agree that it is not ideal. We don’t wish to leave anyone out, and we are looking forward to having everyone back next year!
Registration for Ponca Bible Camp 2020 will be opened on Friday June 19 at 6pm central. Due to the guidelines released by the state of Arkansas, we will have a strict limit on the number of people on the campgrounds. This means we will have to limit the number of campers for each week. Each week of camp will allow no more than 60 campers. Spots will be filled based on the order we receive the completed registrations. For Week 1, special provisions will be made for campers that have just graduated, as this will be their last year of camp. Registrations for those campers, received before 6pm central on June 26th, will be guaranteed a spot.
To ensure that we are able to plan for, and provide, a safe camping environment, a strict registration deadline will be set. All registrations must be received before July 6th.
NOTE: The Early Registration Discount will apply for all registrations, regardless of date received.
Camp Policy/Operation ChangesDue to regulations put in by the state of Arkansas, camp will look and operate very different from normal. The following changes will be made for this camping season:
- Each week of camp will be limited to 60 campers. Spots will be filled based on the order we receive the completed registration. For Week 1, special provisions will be made for campers that have just graduated, as this will be their last year of camp. Registrations for those campers, received before 6pm central on June 26th, will be guaranteed a spot.
- To ensure that we are able to plan for, and provide, a safe camping environment, a strict registration deadline will be set. All registrations must be received before July 6th.
- The state of Arkansas requires that a questionnaire be completed for every camper prior to the start of camp. The questionnaire will need to be completed and returned before getting on the bus. If you are providing your own transportation, the questionnaire will have to be filled out before entering the campgrounds.
- A temperature check will be required before getting on the bus, before entering the campgrounds, and every day during camp. If a temperature above 100.4 degrees is recorded, the camper will not be allowed on the campgrounds/sent home
- All campers and staff are required by the state of Arkansas to wear face masks at all times, except during exercising, eating, sleeping, and bathing. The camp will have a limited number of masks available for emergencies, but will not have enough for everyone. We ask that every camper bring 2 reusable masks.
- The state of Arkansas recommends that all campers self-quarantine for 14 days prior to camp.
- The state of Arkansas requires that only staff and campers be allowed onto campgrounds. Provisions will be made at the bottom of the hill for parents that are dropping off their camper.
- Social distancing (6 feet) will be followed as much as possible, including during chapel and meals. Cabin capacity and layout will also be adjusted to allow for as much distancing as possible.
We realize the changes drastically affect the experience that each camper will have at camp this year. We serve a mighty God and know that He can work wonders, even when we see only speedbumps and roadblocks. If you are not comfortable sending your camper, we understand and look forward to seeing them next year!