Policies and InformationThe goal of PBC is to share the love of Jesus Christ, and challenge campers to a life honoring their Savior. The best way to start an incredible Christ-centered week of camp is to read and follow these important rules!
Dress CodeAs an adventure Bible camp, we encourage staff and campers to wear comfortable shorts, t-shirts, and athletic shoes. There is no need for expensive clothing.
- Shoes are required at all times
- Clothing shall be free from offensive print
- Modest clothing is required
- Shirts or dresses must have shoulder straps
- No midriff or cleavage showing
- No underclothing (bras and underwear) should be revealed
- Legging-type pants or shorts must be covered by shorts or a skirt
- Swimwear must be covered unless swimming
- Ladies suits must have straps and show no midriff or cleavage
- Gentlemens suits must be shorts
What to BringBible, notebook, pen, sleeping bag or blanket, sheets, pillow, towels, personal toiletry items, swimsuit, water shoes for river (optional), athletic clothes and shoes for sports, games, hiking and everyday wear, old clothes for caving, light jacket, flashlight, and extra money for snacks, stamps and souvenirs. Sometimes a director schedules a dress-up day. You may choose to bring a nice outfit to wear that day, but remember it must follow the dress code.
Prohibited ItemsNO Electronic devices allowed during camp! This includes cell phones, iPods, tablets, ereaders, electronic games, etc. The devices will be allowed on the bus, but will be collected and locked away at the beginning of camp, and returned for the trip home. There is no cell phone service at or near the camp. Please bring actual alarm clocks, campers will not be allowed to have cell phones for this purpose.
Do not bring food to camp. Campers are not allowed to have food in their cabins in effort to keep away rodents and animals. Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, illegal drugs, fireworks, knives, weapons and inappropriate reading material are prohibited and will be cause for possible dismissal. PBC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
MedicationsALL Medications (prescription and over-the-counter) are turned in to the First-Aid Attendant at the start of camp. Label all medications and include administration/dosage instructions in a zip-lock bag.
TransportationA bus from Whitewater, KS and Sedalia, MO will leave each Sunday morning for camp and return the following Saturday afternoon, except Week 6, which returns Friday.
KansasArrive for the Kansas bus by 7:30am.
Missouri (including Kansas City area)The Missouri bus will load at Maplewood Church at 9:45am on Sunday mornings and leave at 10:00. Maplewood Church is just north of Highway 50 on Highway 0, about 3.5 miles east of Sedalia (map).
The bus returns to the same spot on Saturday afternoon (Week 6 is Friday afternoon). Usually around noon. We will call you during the trip to give you a more accurate ETA.
Kansas City Area Riders
If you plan on taking the Maplewood bus, please choose that option on the registration form. Also, please consider adding a donation while filling out the fees part of the registration.
* Please bring cash (or include in the Fees section of the Registration form) for a meal for both trips to and from camp.
* Kansas Bus riders are asked to make a $25 gas donation at the time of boarding the bus.
* For more info call: KS Transportation (316)-799-2180, or MO Transportation (660) 287-0678
Mail/ContactPBC is remote, please allow 4 days for postal delivery. Please do not mail food. Personal visits to camp are not recommended to be fair to all campers, keep camp schedules, and avoid home-sickness. Campers may only receive phone calls in case of an emergency. Ponca Bible Camp has only one phone line which rings in the kitchen, office, and first-aid room. Please, No calls after 10:00 p.m.
Information for Parents
- In the case of an accident, PBC carries a limited accidental insurance policy, which is secondary coverage to the parent’s insurance on their child. Parents will be contacted for non-emergency medical decisions.
- Please ensure your child has recently received a tetanus shot, the more recent, the better!
- Sorry, no laundry facilities available to campers.
Early Registration DiscountRegister by the deadline and receive $25.00 off the registration fee.
Church Sponsorship/ScholarshipsPlease refer to the Camp Fees page for more information.
Camp RegistrationA camper is registered once PBC receives both:
1) Completed Registration and
2) Entire Registration Fee
PBC will only contact you if there are questions about the registration or if your child is placed on a waiting list. Ponca Bible Camp serves approximately 75 kids per week. Some weeks fill up very quickly, so please send your registration in early!